The VR meetup for Coaching and Therapy, Future is Now is going to be great!
We have such a good line up:
1. Yme Canter-Visscher from CleVR
2. Roos Pot-Kolder a Psychologist and researcher of Parnassia, an organization that specializes in psychiatry in The Hague
3. Benno Brada and Marijke Sjollema founders of The Dolphin Swim Club http://www.thedolphinswimclub.com/
We tried to have CleVR as a guest speaker on our last meetup in November, but they have said they had to prospone because they were onto something big. And they was not aloud to speak about it yet.
But now they will!!!!
Roos is testing the VR applications from CleVR called VRET (Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy) since the end of 2013 on social participation in people with a Psychotic disorder. The test results will be made public!
This is groundbreaking news for the world of therapy and coaching and we are there to witness it.
Also i am so proud to have Benno en Marijke as our guest speakers with their amazing project. They are working with 360 degree video, that if seen by people through goggles creates awareness about the beauty and importance of the ocean. You can literally immerse people into an experience of beauty and/ or the horror’s done by people to the ocean. This experience will feel so real, like you are actually there. This is the most powerfull tool we can work with at the moment.
CleVR and The Dolphin Swim Club will have some demonstrations for you to experience yourself and there will be more demo’s available for you to experience. Thursday the 10th of March in The Bazaar of Ideas in The Hague. Entrance is free and you can buy good food and drinks at the restaurant/ bar. https://www.thestudenthotel.com/news/bazaarofideas-opening
2. Swimming with the Dolphins The Dolphin Swim club
3. Fear of speech and extreme shyness Dana-Maria
5. Joost Bosschert: I will be showing how Virtual Reality can be used for sports coaching. It is a versatile addition to an athlete’s regular training, not only for improving technique, but also for focus and mental preparation. In the demo you will be standing on a tennis court or a softball field and experience various aspects of the game. A Microsoft Kinect tracks your movements and a Samsung Gear VR lets you experience the training.
6. The Grocery Store. Using HTC Vive Pre you can walk around and play around with the various objects in the grocery store. Pascal Serranes
7. Interactive agent. Using the Kinect, a computer controlled human agent will scan and react on his environment. Pascal Serranes
8. Improve your speaking skills as Speech Center coaches you through a hostile audience and scanning attention around the room.
We have now 58 people attending. So claim your spot if you are interested and RSVP Yes.
Check out the website for the schedule: http://www.meetup.com/Future-Is-Now-VR-Coaching-Virtual-…/…/
I am looking forward to see you there!
Your Host Dana-Maria Faneker, Co-founder of The VR Coaches http://dana-maria.nl/virtuele-bril/